Jerry Moore Scholarship Program
Applications for the 2021 season are now closed.
The Salem Police Foundation awards the Jerry Moore Scholarships to undergraduate students pursuing a post-secondary education in any field of study at a two-year or four-year Oregon institution of higher learning. This scholarship was established to honor the legacy of retired Chief of Police, Jerry Moore.
2021 Scholarship Season
- At the time of application, applicants must be a high school senior intent on pursuing a post-secondary education in any field of study at a two-year or four-year Oregon institution of higher learning; and
- Accepted at an Oregon institution of higher learning; and
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a child of an active, full-time or retired Salem Police Department employee; or
- Be a child of an active full-time 911 call-center employee; or
- Be a participant in the Salem Police Department Cadet Program; or
- Be a youth participant in one of Salem Police Department’s youth programs (letter confirming program participation by program manager required).
- All awarded scholarship amounts will only be used for student’s tuition, fees, books, and other related expenses charged to the applicant by the college or university.
- Awarded amounts are paid directly to the accredited college or university where applicant is enrolled and placed in the students account.
- All applicants must be enrolled full time, at least twelve credit hours, to qualify.
- Awarded amounts are subject to change, if there is a change in an applicant’s original application.