Jerry Moore Scholarship Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Applications for the 2022 season are now closed.
How much will the scholarships be?
Awards are subject to the number of qualified applicants and will not exceed $1,500.
Is the scholarship renewable?
A scholarship award may be renewable for the following academic years if the scholarship recipient demonstrates satisfactory academic performance in the preceding year of full-time study and satisfies any additional criteria established by the SPF.
What kinds of materials do I need to include in my application?
The following items must be attached as a single PDF document:
- Scholarships Application
- All sections of the form must be completed – DO NOT leave any field blank. If a section doesn’t apply, write NA in the field. No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- Narrative essay – a minimum of 500 words (Select One)
- Why am I pursuing a career in ________ field? Tell us what you intend to study and why you are choosing this field; or
- The importance of volunteering in my life. Describe your volunteering experience in your high school or the community in which you live.
- Resume – a current resume, including any volunteer activity, limit one page
- Academic transcript – a copy of the most recent high school transcript (unofficial copies are permitted)
- Reference Letter – One current, signed letter of reference from an employer, teacher, or youth program worker, preferably on letterhead. This letter must be submitted directly from your employer, teacher, or youth program worker no later than April 30, 2022 through the link provided.
IF YOU ARE A PROGRAM PARTICIPANT of a youth program that SPD supports – a letter from the program manager confirming your participation in the program. This letter must be submitted directly by the program manager no later than April 30, 2022 through the link provided.
How do I get the reference letter to you if I can’t upload it myself?
On your application, there is a space for you to enter the name and email address of your reference person. Please share with your reference this link to upload their reference letter NO LATER THAN – April 30, 2022.
When will I know whether or not I got the scholarship?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission by June 1, 2022.
When do I receive my scholarship funds?
The funds are sent directly to your institution in mid-August if you have completed the Scholarship Acceptance form in a timely manner. The entirety of your scholarship will be sent to your institution in August, and it will show up in your student account.